Monday, July 25, 2011

Photography


So I am in recent ownership of a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) Camera, after many years of wanting one. A Nikon D3100 camera body with a couple lenses. (I own too older Nikkor lens from my 35mm Nikon N65 SLR days) My lens are at the moment are:

  • AF Nikkor 35-70mm 1:2.2-4.5

  • AF Nikkor 28-80mm 1:3.3-5.6G

  • AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G (with VR)



I have really been enjoying this camera and forgot how much I have missed shooting a decent SLR. I have thrown some of my shots up on Facebook and Google+ and the links are later in the post.

My current project is figuring out how to shoot stars with the right combo of aperture and exposure time. It is a really tricky thing (specially in town where light pollution is rampant) and I am close but still not quite where I have a decent shot. The best tool for shooting stars at night I have found is Google Sky app. Gives you a great idea of where constellations are or specific stars (north star for example)

I have gotten lucky this summer and seen quite a few great sunsets. It has been a rainy summer here in the Pacific NW and that has led to lots of sunsets with interesting cloud structures.

Here are links to my Facebook album of a few shots I have taken so far. Been re-learning some of the principles again and having a great time. I have always looked at the things around me in ways of how would that make a good picture. There is something about freezing something in time that has always drawn me in. Hope you enjoy these and feel free to give me any feedback you want.

Facebook Photography Album
Google+ Photography Album

No comments: