Friday, November 22, 2013

fourcookies.com site migration to Github.com

Well it finally came down to a server crashing and me not wanting to play with Apache anymore to move fourcookies.com to Github.com. After a couple false starts I finally have it working. I really suck at DNS so I accidentally set it up to redirect to itself for a while but once that was resolved it is all going smoothly.

If you have ever used Git or Subversion you will understand Github. It is a public place to show off code and they let you host sites for free if you keep the Repo public. (you can edit it and other can ask to contribute to it as well.) A great service and way easier for me to maintain and backup my site.

Check it out if you are looking to put up a quick site. They also have Automatic Page Generator for those of you that do not want to play with the code. Enjoy!

No comments: